I am sure everyone has a favourite face cream or treatment, but beautiful skin starts with nourishment from within. Older cells are constantly shed and replaced by younger ones and a steady supply of micronutrients is essential to support this rapid growth.Besides skin treatments and face packs, what we eat is also important. So, one must consume healthy foods to get a clear and glowing skin. Eat the correct balance of foods and you’ll feed your skin the vital nutrients it needs to help it stay soft, supple and blemish-free.
However, there are foods that can clear our systems and give us healthy skin. Those are :
- Beetroot: Beetroot purges our bodies of toxins; they clear the blood, liver and fight free radicals. Besides beetroots contains potassium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, fibre and vitamins A, B, and C.
- Pomegranate: This fruit is available all year round and you must make good use of it as it prevent free radicals and clears the blood. Pomegranate is an antioxidant fruit that improves immunity, reduces cholesterol and enhances blood circulation.
- Fennel: This herb has two strong properties: it is an antioxidant and detoxifier. It also tones the skin and improves blood circulation. Fennel also keeps the skin hydrated and moisturised.
- Peppermint: Mint or pudhina eases stress, and has healing properties for respiratory discomfort. Peppermint soothes the skin and is used in several natural medicine for its healing properties.
- Water: This substance is crucial for the functioning of the body and it is the best way to clear your system.
- Berries: Antioxidants are mainly found in dark berries like blueberry, mulberry and strawberries. They can also prevent cravings, perfect for weight loss.
- Nuts: Acne plaguing you into adulthood? Then chomp on some nuts to fight acne since they contains selenium and zinc. Pumpkin seeds and almonds help purify the blood and provide nutrients beneficial to the body.
- Brown rice: High levels of blood sugar can have a negative effect on skin. Hence here’s another reason to consume brown rice to control the blood sugar levels. Brown rice also contain antioxidants which are beneficial for the body.
- Legumes: Did you know legumes have healing properties? Legumes are rich in proteins which are important for healing and cell building. They are also high in fibre and improve digestion and clear the system.
- Garlic: This herb purges the body and the blood from harmful bacteria. A clear system and good blood circulation improves the condition of the skin.
Tomatoes: Protect your skin from the sun with tomatoes. It also reduces acne and reduces the oiliness of your skin. Tomatoes also help cure sunburn.
Eggs: Another good source of selenium are eggs. They also contains zinc and protein, which are both beneficial for healthy skin. Consume eggs to fight skin problems.
Sweet potatoes: High blood sugar can create an out burst on the skin. But sweet potatoes are rich in fibre and carbohydrates that can improve digestion. Clearing the system can improve the skin.
- Walnuts: Looking to add Omega-3 fatty acids to your diet but not a fan of fish? Walnuts are a rich source of Omega-3s, which help put shine in your hair and aid in making skin smoother and younger looking.
- Beans: Another protein source, legumes help repair cells that have suffered free radical damage. During digestion, protein breaks down into amino acids, the building blocks of cells. Amino acids help to speed the repair and regeneration of skin cells and collagen.
- Green Tea: GREEN TEA”S high on the list of skin-friendly beverages thanks to its impressive storehouse of polyphenols. Aim for four cup throughout your day.